Hozelock multi spray gun - how to fix a cracking issue at the base?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had one of these for a few years:

unfortunately it's leaking near the base of the handle, specifically around the thick area where the thinner hozelock connector is integrated into the main body (you can see the connection line that runs around the circumference) - there are assorted fine cracks around that area.

Gorilla glue and superglue don't help, any suggestions please on how to make a good repair? I don't want to have to stop using it just because of a few annoying cracks but I realise that the best option is to take it apart and repair from within (sadly not possible).

Alternatively, if I was to buy a new multi-spray gun, can anyone suggest a good, strong, reliable alternative? Perhaps even made of solid brass?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Never had much luck with repairing them funny plastic nothing really sticks, I have tried brass ones, they really don't seem to last much longer, seals and valve go or frost damage gets them. I now buy the cheapest ones from amazon and if they last a year or two I reckon they don't owe me anything.(y)

frost damage gets them.
I have three that have suffered from frost damage - one 'ordinary' multi head one and two of those long ones with angled heads for hanging baskets. Every time I use them at this time of the year, I now disconnect them from the hose, pull the trigger to let the water run out of them. They are then okay to be left outside.

Sponsored Links
I listened to a podcast series about our throwaway society, and the merits of repairing stuff.

And while some things do lend themselves to fixing, plastic bits don't: no matter what the glue, they just don't hold that securely.

If they ever invent a domestic 3D printer that prints metal instead of plastic........

There's a metal version of that which lasts much longer, as said just avoid letting it freeze in winter to avoid the associated cracking

Our last one was a metal Hozelock one. That cracked the other day, although I had turned off the tap and squeezed the trigger to drain it.
Mind you, it could be that the wife used it later and didn't drain it. We always bring the new (plastic) one in now. No point paying anything extra if they all tend to leak/break.

They all do that sir.

You can get a metal one for less at Aldi on a "gardening special buys" day but they're not much good. The trigger jams. I use these things now

gm-9732f53a-3b87-4b18-bcdd-447361c6a08b-hozelock-8215-1240-superhozeadvice.jpg

BTW I discovered you can get new "O" rings for the snap on connector. Quite cheap from some ebay vendors. About £2 for 20.

s-l1600.jpg

I just bought stuff like this

and, as John says, some replacement O rings for when the existing ones inevitably perish, crack, or tear.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back