Humidistat Bathroom Fan Recommendations?

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At the moment we have a ceiling extractor that's pull cord operated, so not connected to light. Means that after a shower the fan is left running until switched off, which is annoying as I often shower just before bed.

So, I guess I need a Humidistat Bathroom Fan that is left on all the time. Any recommendations out there from DIYnoters?

Sponsored Links
I think that generally the recommendation is that they aren't recommended.

If you are annoyed by a fan running when you are the one who has left it on....... :mrgreen:

What sort of shower is it?

Sponsored Links
At the moment we have a ceiling extractor that's pull cord operated, so not connected to light. Means that after a shower the fan is left running until switched off, which is annoying as I often shower just before bed.
But if it were connected to the light, how would that help? Surely you leave the room without turning that off as well?

Or - just turn it off and go to bed.
But the room is still very steamy, needs a while to defog....

I only mention that it's not connected to light because in last house i had one with an overrun that was. So that won't work...

pir? Maybe, but again, would need to run 20 minutes or so without movement..... And would also come on every time we went in there.

I have a manrose one and am please with it.

But note:

1. It took a lot of adjusting to get the setting right.
2. I still turn the light on before showing, to ensure it starts straight away.

But the room is still very steamy, needs a while to defog....
Does it matter?

Is there a window?
Have you mould problems which could be a sign of more fundamental problems?

I have never had a fan in the bathroom (I hate the noise) - used to have a window in UK, closed in Winter; now I don't (probably different here). Room has always been dry and clear in ten minutes.
I have never had a problem.

People complain about condensation - as if it is the work of the devil and you should be able to have a bath without steam in the room or condensation misting the walls and mirror.

Bungalow, so leaving window open but an option. Yes to mould, working on it. Fan works though, but current one is either on or off.

Will look at Monroses.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
this sort:

img_20181002_174054033-jpg.149503

In one of my bathrooms I have a manrose humidistat fan (purchased from screwfix). It is fairly quiet and works as advertised.

In the shower room I have the larger diameter Airflow Icon 60 which has a humidistat and PIR module. The PIR seems to see dead people and runs almost constantly if left to its own devices. It is so loud that we normally physically turn it off. From memory cost about £150. I would not recommend it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back