humming/buzzing after flushing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I know similar questions to this get asked all the time, but if someone could just have a quick read I'd be very grateful.
Basically, for the last few weeks, when I flush the downstairs toilet I get a loud humming/buzzing noise.
The as soon as I turn on the cold tap in the same room the noise goes away.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
...or swap the whole ball-valve (apart from the bit fastened to the cistern) which is a very quick job. Ball-valves are quite cheap. Make sure the new one is set to high pressure (see the instructions) as it sounds like your cistern is fed from the mains.

Later, you can repair the old valve and keep it as a spare for next time. Fit a new cone and washer, as well as the diaphragm, it will be practically as-new. The kit is available cheaply.

A spare ball-valve can be used in the cold water tank or Central-heating F&E (if you have one) so is a useful spare to have in the loft.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back