Hurricane Irene.

Are they overeacting to Irene?

• Yes. It'll be little more than a rainy day.

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • No. There will be major flooding right up to New York.

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are they going overboard for a category one hurricane? Or is it the sheer size and rain that will cause massive floods? What do you lot think? Big deal or not?

Sponsored Links
You've missed out nr 3 ... Do I give a tosss ... so not voting :p

Obviously, with more of a white population than New Orleans, any damage will be repaired much sooner.

And ironically despite all these 'freak' weather events, the yanks are still the only ones dismissive of Kyoto agreement or most of anything else to do with looking after the planet

This big thing in America...then cut to correspondant, in a mild breeze...saying WOW Carolina has been hit big time...

Then why are you not there idiot? Nice seeing a bit of wind.

As my life goes on, I realise how inbred, and how stupid Americans are.

The Americans are putting up posters, that state 'Irene, beat this!', are Americans completely mental?

Then the Tea Party...heeby jeezus...and what is that cult that Tom Cruise is in?? blimey! They are MENTAL!

Sponsored Links
Does a system that size affect the UK? Can we expect a rainy September?

We normally get the remnants of these as they move up the Atlantic, but it does seem that Irene is moving over the land and heading north instead

Don't hurricanes die over land? Born of the sea - die over land?

They don't go away if that what you mean ... more die down rather than just die

Unless it takes the coastal path route

I met an Irene once. She was wet and wild aswell. She took half the house when she left too.

Does a system that size affect the UK? Can we expect a rainy September?

The weather from the US does affect the UK, probably 6-8 weeks later, but due to the rotation of this 'tornado', it would probably result in low pressure across the UK, if the current trends continue, in the Uk, but the currents say otherwise, no major change, maybe thunderstorms if the winds change from west to northwest? Mainly dying out before hitting west coast Ireland.

Sponsored Links
Back