Husky Beer Fridge not cooking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

I’ve got an old (ish) Husky Beer Fridge that isn’t cooking as it should , there isn’t any temperature control in the. Cabinet , so I’d hazard a guess & say there was a Thermostat somewhere that’s not working , will it be an easy fix ?? It sounds like the Compressor is running fine

so is it worth fixing

whoops is not cooling NOT Cooking !!!!

cheers

Phil

Sponsored Links
I have a similar set up, is there a dial at the back? Reached from behind the cooler.

Hi , it’s in a Cupboard under the Stairs , so it’s my lock down job for tomorrow get it out and give it a once over , I can see the sensor which is on the Cooler plate

thanks for responding , I’ll let you know how I get on

cheers
Phil

If compressor running it is not the thermostat. I used a standard fridge for my beer, and used an external thermostat set to 19.5°C, plus a heater if it drops below 19°C I find on starting the brew motor runs a fair bit first day, then hardly runs, fridge for drinking beer/wine should be set to 12°C however I prefer it cooler at 4°C, standard fridge setting. For the beer to drink I use a freezer with an external thermostat.

When I started you could not get ready made thermostats so used STC-1000 (heating and cooling) and MH1210A (heating or cooling) but today the InkBird 308 is available ready made.

Sponsored Links
I have a similar set up, is there a dial at the back? Reached from behind the cooler.

Hi , yes pulled the Fridge out today , it’s got a control at the back , but that doesn’t seem to be working , bar when you switch it off , then the Compressor stops working

So I had a look on Flee Bay & ordered a new part , it’s only £3-65 from China so I though I’d give that a try & see what happens , easy enough to fit , 2 screws, 3 push on terminals & install the probe into the Compartment. We’ll see what happens

cheers

Phil

Attachments

• FD87FD60-A643-420D-94CB-C4A220BE6E77.jpeg
    FD87FD60-A643-420D-94CB-C4A220BE6E77.jpeg
    173.6 KB · Views: 491
Whilst you are waiting for the part to arrive you can try laying it on its side for 24 hours. Apparently it lets the gas/liquid find its way back together.
Not sure if it applies to morden fridges though.

i have a problem with my husky cooler..it will get cold and it starts to frost on the back inside then cuts out..do you think its the thermostat problem?

Hi , yes pulled the Fridge out today , it’s got a control at the back , but that doesn’t seem to be working , bar when you switch it off , then the Compressor stops working

So I had a look on Flee Bay & ordered a new part , it’s only £3-65 from China so I though I’d give that a try & see what happens , easy enough to fit , 2 screws, 3 push on terminals & install the probe into the Compartment. We’ll see what happens

cheers

Phil

got a link for this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back