HW auto bleed valve query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The auto bleeds valve I have got has a small red plastic cap on top. Should this be screwed (by hand) down tight or should it be open etc?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Do you mean the pressure relief valve, something like
MSV60T-L.jpg

Sponsored Links
Cool, how loose?

I've got it tight at the moment as last night it was making a clicking noise (I guess this the air coming out?). The noise was a steady clicking noise and didn't slow or stop over the 30mins.

Any advice on these things?

Thanks

Turn off your heating and hot water then loosen the red cap to remove any air, wait until the air stops, then leave closed. Then you can put on your heating and hot water again.

I leave mine closed and check it once a month.

If every month you find that there is a lot of air in your system then there is another problem with air being brought into the system.

Andy

Kinda takes the "automatic" out of automatic air valve if your doing it manually. ;)

Thanks for your help guys. I appreciate your advice.

What's your thoughts on air getting into the system? I don't know why but I seem to have a real problem with it on my system. I'm forever having to bleed huge amounts of air out of radiators.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back