Ecotec 831 Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Does the auto bleed valve on the expantion tank have to be open a few turns?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The valve on the expansion vessels is for the precharge.

The aav on the pump housing(behind pump head) should be open a few turns

lee

The case on the front should be sealed shut!

Sir;

That was not my question! my question was does the bleed nipple on the expantion tank have to be open a few turns.
I did not mention that "the front cover"

Are you "asuming" that my front cover is off?

Sponsored Links
no hes suggesting that your hands shouldnt be inside and messing.

I don't need to assume it is. To get to any functional parts on an ecotec you need to remove a sealed cover, its sealed for a reason.

You are assuming that the cover of my boiler is off - its not. I do not need my cover off to see if there is a nipple on the expansion vessel.

I don't need to assume it is. To get to any functional parts on an ecotec you need to remove a sealed cover, its sealed for a reason.

You are assuming that the cover of my boiler is off - its not. I do not need my cover off to see if there is a nipple on the expansion vessel.

If you havent got an outer cover I suggest you get one, its a big white thing with foam on the inside, its quite important.

If you havent got an outer cover I suggest you get one, its a big white thing with foam on the inside, its quite important.

You are going off on a tangent, I just said in the post above post that my boiler cover is NOT off. Its on the boiler.
What I'm trying to say is that MY COVER DOES NOT NEED TO BE OFF FOR ME TO KNOW ABOUT THE NIPPLE.

Thank you last poster for answering my question before the post goes completely silly.

My local plumbing merchant has a Ecotec 831 on a trade display with the cover off and the parts exposed the heat exchange is cut in half to show inside. I had a look inside and whilst in a que (getting some plastic pipe) and noticed a few bleed nipples and asked the above question.

Moderators

I suggest deleting this topic, it is not informative for other users and is no use to the forum community.
I'm sure that future users when posting 831 questions do not want to hear the woes of a white cover (with the helpful foam inside) when they may require advice.

Many Thanks

Planemad

Stop talking rubbish, you've raised a post before asking about black marks around the spark electrode and wiring in a stat.
As i said before the cover is there for a reason, you interfering with it is not recommended. We try and give "safe" advice, but some people no matter what you tell them will always want to fiddle and think "oh it will be fine if i just do this and that".

You will also find that from my post history that I own 3 properties all having ecotec 831s - I had on the older one (still just in warranty) serviced a few weeks back due to a lease change.
I was there with the service guy who was very vague when I asked him if it was a probem with the marking on the electrode.

I asked the question as i wanted to know if I have an issue before the new clients moved in.

You will also see from past post that on my 831 I was asking for wiring advise for a CMT 927, when installed the fitter ran me some 5 core cable pre connected and terminated above.

I then found out the cable was the wrong size and got him back to install 0.75mm cable - (I did not open the box)

I understand your comments mate but i'm not really in the game to play with Gas,electrics or water.

Like I said mate never noticed that the expansion vessel had a thumb turn on it and wanted to know what it was.

Maybe i'm curious but on my other place a boiler was installed by a then CORGI guy who did not fit the boiler well (vaillant had to come and put it right he did not even open the vent on the pump, flue hole drilled in the wrong place and he was vaillant trained.

Giving me the impression that the CORGI cert was a load of rubbish, everyone does go on about reg this and reg that but if a corgi guy cannot even drill the flue in the correct place without ****ing up my outer bricks then maybe he should go back to school.

I now have odd bricks on the outside of a property, he did not get paid full whack as quoted as I had to get a builder in to tidy up the wall.

Would you believe he drilled the wrong hole centre on the paper jig supplied so I had 2 holes like a figure of 8 on my wall.

When I rang corgi to complain they were not interested in the slightest.

drilling the wrong hole is easy to do if your not familiar with the boiler or the mounting diagram.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back