HW working intermittently - no water flowing sometimes?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I've got a problem & wonder if someone has experienced this before. The hot taps are basically working intermittently. Sometimes they're fine & allow full flow & other times they're not turning on throughout the house. The cold water is fine, so I'm thinking something is sticking in the boiler & preventing flow to the HW pipes.

The boiler is a Worcester Bosch 240 Combi RSF and is about 10 years old.

When flow is allowed, the water is hot.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Could be the water inlet filter (assuming this boiler has one) is blocked but sometimes letting flow through. Needs removing and cleaning out. Usually combi probs are water flowing but cold!

You haven't got a Sentinel Combiguard fitted in the cold supply to boiler by any chance?

Someone has been over to look at it now, he says the diaphragm may be split in the manifold & sometimes restricing the flow. It's actually a 1987 installation, so I've shoved it on a Bristish Gas contract & they're coming monday to start repairs on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back