Hybrid alarm advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am looking to install an alarm system in a new build bungalow. I can get cables to pir's/bellbox and remote keypads at front and back door. it is going to be awkward to wire to the door switches neatly without affecting decoration so was looking for recommendations for an alarm system that I could combine three wireless door switches to the wired system

Because it's a bungalow and we have kids, at night we would ideally only want to part set the door switches only and allow movement between toilet/bedrooms etc without activating the pir's. It would also be beneficial if you could arm/disarm the alarm silently so as not to wake the kids going out to work in the morning or coming in off the nightshift. If you could view the alarm via an app, that would be beneficial also.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Sponsored Links
The following Honeywell Galaxy will cost £340 delivered. You can set with the SelfMon phone app, but can also set with RF fobs at around £35 for each fob. The wireless part is about £120 of the cost, so it's sometimes much easier/cheaper and less hassle long term to wire the contacts in.

Galaxy G2 Panel + MK7 LCD Keyprox
+ RF Portal
+ SelfMon LCE Ethernet module
+ Texecom Illuminated External Sounder
+ Internal Speaker
+ 3 Wireless Door Contacts
+ 12V 7ah battery

Also take a look at Texecom, as sometimes manufacturers have deals with their wireless kits. Most panels will require additional modules for wireless and IP based control/monitoring.

Many thanks,

Would i be able to program it so that setting and unsetting would be silent on the part set?

Kind regards

Sponsored Links
Yes, you use night set and there's no exit tone, just a very quiet double beep from keypad only when exit time expires.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back