hydraulic lime render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had our fireplace rendered with hydraulic lime render? Having a multi fuel stove fitted. Probably a 20mm gap to back wall, 250mm gap on the sides.

How important is it to use a breathable paint? Or can I get away with anything?

Sponsored Links
Just had our fireplace rendered with hydraulic lime render? Having a multi fuel stove fitted. Probably a 20mm gap to back wall, 250mm gap on the sides.
I would be interested to know the make and model of your stove that can be fitted 20mm from the rear wall?
litl

I would be interested to know the make and model of your stove that can be fitted 20mm from the rear wall?
litl

There are no rules concerning distance to non combustible walls but most manufacturers suggest around 100mm. This is more important for the sides than the rear but clearly the more airflow the better the efficiency. I don't have that luxury given the position of my pots from the rear wall. Otherwise I would bring it out further.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back