hydroflow hs38

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
called out the british gas today for the hot water problem on my puma 80,i was only getting warm water out.he checked right through and said all was fine and it was scale in heat exchanger which is not covered under the insurance.he suggested fitting a hydroflow hs38 for £150.iwill happily pay this but do you think they work and can they descale a heat exchanger all be it over a period of time,thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
Pumas are pretty old now and nearing the end of their lives, I can't see how a device that , possibly, prevents scale will help a boiler that has been installed for many years, I wouldn't have one if I were in your place.

I definatly wouldn't buy one to get rid of scale, only to prevent it. They're suposed to help with wearing away scale but they're not primarily designed for that. Quite effective at prevention though.

I think they're about £90 to buy in the shops

Waste of money IMO

Did he check gas burner pressure when in HW demand?
Does the heating pipe get warm when the hot tap is run?
Does the hot run visably slower than normal?

Sponsored Links
thanks for replies,he checked gas pressure ok,the flow from the hot tap is as it was when new,i noticed that the flow limit device was no longer working,ie full flow from tap when turned on but he said all was fine.i have noticed some times the flow pipe does get hot with water running but not always.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back