I accidentally superglued my tongue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I win the Darwin Award of the Day.

I was about to leave work and the customer asked me to glue something. I only had superglue on me, so I used that. I used a tad more than I should have, so I used the old trick of licking my linger to stop the overflow running down, then I noticed a second drip, and licked the same finger again. I now have super glue on my tongue and the back of my (upper) teeth.

I am "special"...

Sponsored Links
Doesn't last that long on the human body. I used to super glue my front tooth crown in while waiting for a dental appointment - would fall out after a week or so. Same when they glue cuts together.

Sponsored Links
Having had a crown fall out, I mentioned considering superglue to the dentist, who was horrified. Apparently it can damage the crown and make it unusable. (Probably trying to work out how to charge me more).

Having had a crown fall out, I mentioned considering superglue to the dentist, who was horrified.
When I had a crown fitted I asked my dentist how it was held in place and he said, "Glue". He went on say that his colleagues would call it 'dental cement' but it is glue.

When I had a crown fitted I asked my dentist how it was held in place and he said, "Glue". He went on say that his colleagues would call it 'dental cement' but it is glue.
Yes it is glue but its not super glue ;)

I have done this for MANY years, deep cuts from stanley blades, I run for the superglue, hold the cut closed and wipe over with my finger. By the time the glue has worn off, It's healed nicely. (Then loctite remover to get the glue off my finger)
If you keep getting deep cuts maybe it's a warning you are doing something wrong.

I win the Darwin Award of the Day.

I was about to leave work and the customer asked me to glue something. I only had superglue on me, so I used that. I used a tad more than I should have, so I used the old trick of licking my linger to stop the overflow running down, then I noticed a second drip, and licked the same finger again. I now have super glue on my tongue and the back of my (upper) teeth.

I am "special"...
:D:D

I remember when I was a kid experimenting with glue sniffing, I chose to super glue an engine cowl onto my airfix aircraft model I was making, you guessed it, my nose stuck to the wing.
So embarrassing waiting in A&E for 2 hours with a Meshersmidt 109 stuck to my nose
OMG!! Hilarious!!!! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back