I am going to scream if this happens again! Why, why, why?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right 5th burst pipe in six months. On the water pipe work in the bathroom each time (nothing to do with the heating). Why, why, why does this keep happening? I get one thing fixed, then no sooner do I go about replacing everything and it happens again. Two plumbers so far have fixed 4 of them, and 3 of the times have not been given any explanation. Looking forward to hearing back from people as I am now sat in a very wet kitchen, with no water on, feeling in a state of dispair! Help!

Sponsored Links
stardanny, it's copper. I don't think it's connected to the boiler, it's the cold that goes into the shower and various papework at the back of the loo.

I will add pics tomorrow when the lighting is better, bit I don't think you'll see thst much.

Sponsored Links
Right 5th burst pipe in six months. On the water pipe work in the bathroom each time (nothing to do with the heating). Why, why, why does this keep happening? I get one thing fixed, then no sooner do I go about replacing everything and it happens again. Two plumbers so far have fixed 4 of them, and 3 of the times have not been given any explanation. Looking forward to hearing back from people as I am now sat in a very wet kitchen, with no water on, feeling in a state of dispair! Help!

Are there a lot of green spots along the pipework and it's these that keep leaking?
If so the pipe itself has been attacked and will need complete replacement..
Usually happens if waters been stood for a long time.
For the scientific it's called "copper solvency".
servotech,

The pipe work looks pretty historic and the leaking joint looks like an imperial sized tee.

Have you changed from tank fed to mains fed cold supply.

Or even mains hot supply from a tank as they can crossover at fittings and blow old joints.

Pete

As stated above, the pipework looks pretty old. It also seems, from the 'photo, to be in contact with concrete and / or plaster. Either of these will corrode unprotected copper, particularly if damp. Can't tell without seeing it but a succession of leaks may point to the copper pin-holing in lots of different places.

If this the case, then best to replace it all with properly protected copper. [/u]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back