I am scared of the dark!

nice to hear a happy ending, but may i suggest you find out what the other mcbs do, if you find out now (not literaly) rather than later it could save lots of grief

Sponsored Links
Best way to improve electrical safety in this country would be to teach house wiring in schools.

Fizz said:
Wow, thanks so much, I flicked the switch and there was light!
Just one final question, if thats not taking libertys. Should I try turning those wall lights on again, or did they blow because there was something wrong with them?

most likely a bulb blown.

Damocles said:
Best way to improve electrical safety in this country would be to teach house wiring in schools.

What? And have everybody giving it a go?? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I see where you're coming from, but 'education, education, education' is a lost cause with some people!!!

Sponsored Links
That sounds like a good idea Breezer, will do that in the next few days! BASIC electrics and safety should definitely be taught at schools Damocles, a son of a friend of mine unfortunately died from electrocution, so I do have a very healthy respect for it!
Thanks again for all your advice and comments

Oh, and I assume I can change my own lightbulb without having to pay exhorbitant prices to have it checked by my local council???? :LOL:

edited (see 10a ;)

How many theoretical physicists does it take to change a light bulb? An infinite number, because that would be applied physics.

Don't forget that light bulbs can not be put in the glass recycling or in the metal recycling. And god help you if you throw away a broken one.

I think there a lot of practical things...including how building regulations work... which should be taught at schools which most certainly aren't.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back