I got no Head!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Just moved into a rented 2 bed house with no shower.

I've bought a mixed tap, from B&Q, with shower head on it.
Fitted it - but when you raise it above your head the hot water stops.

The airing cupboard is on the 1st floor aswell, with some sort of tank inside ( I'll will take a pic and post it 2night.)

I've asked the landlord for a shower - he would pay for an electric shower but I'd have to pay for fitting. Don't want to do this!

I've been told that we have no 'head pressure' on the hot water, when I lift the shower above my head height.

Will a pump on the hot pipe fix this>?

I don't want a power shower, just enough to have a shower, a bath every other day is costing a bomb! (for 2 of us)

untitled.jpg

Sponsored Links
A low power pump would be enough for a shower - preferably a bit lower than you've shown it!
You've probably got a combination tank though, and they have very little water in the cold upper part, so you have to make sure your mains supply into it, is faster than the shower draws (H+C) out. Difficult!
ALso, sucking air in, will be a problem, with so little head.
You'll prbably have to drill holes in the hot and the cold tanks - not for the fainthearted when it's not your tank! You might get away with a pump say under the foot of the bath, connected near the taps. It's the "wrong" place, but works as long as the flow is modest.

An electric shower is a better answer in many ways - or a new (combi) boiler, where everything would be off the mains.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back