I have combi boiler, need to know what shower can be fitted?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having a new bathroom fitted next week, and since we got the new boiler 12 months ago our power shower has been disconnected. SO excited about the new one being fitted, but we are paying the plumber to fit everything we buy as it saves us a fortune. we have a cubicle ready, but have no idea what shower to buy to work best with our boiler system?

I want one with a top spray, and hand held jet, and have seen one that says 'mixer system' on the side i like, but no idea if it'll work?

Please help me im so useless! :oops:

Sponsored Links
Normally on the front of the boiler or look at the instruction manual. Different combis have different hot water outputs so it's important to know to specify a suitable shower.

Sponsored Links
yes, i much prefer that!

Ok, He said its a 'EVO HE C22/24'

That is a rebranded Ideal unless I'm mistaken in which case buy a good quality high output electric shower as that boiler is likely to be very unreliable!

oh....

We keep having probs with it, but i thought it was us not using it properly, as we have had numerous people out to look at it, they all say its fine.
What sort of thing would you suggest then? I wanted a double head one, would you not say thats a good idea?? :cry:

those boilers are rubbish, do not try and run the shower of it unless you want to be disapointed. Spend as much as you can afford on an electric shower and get it wired in by a qualified electrician. Evo's are basically an ideal isar in disguise, afaik which means they are about as reliable as a politicians answer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back