I look like George Clooney

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well I've got as much right to say that as this bloke.

The winner of the competition was David Glendon, pictured below with The Cloon for comparisons sake. In case you're confused, that's the real George Clooney on the right.

Clooney2-jpg_162528.jpg

The Irish city of Kilkenny will be sending a local actor to the Oscars next month, after he was crowned a rather questionable George Clooney lookalike.

Kilkenny-based Olympia Films was allocated four tickets to the Academy Awards and a competition was organised by filmmaker Gabriel Murray looking for a Clooney lookalike to take to the glitzy Hollywood show.

“I decided to do it for a bit of craic, for the fun of it,” said the 27-year-old winner. “I have been involved in nearly every amateur group in the city. I am delighted to have won. To go to the Oscars, well that would be anyone’s dream come true.”

Why George Clooney? Well Mr Murray discovered last year that the nominated actor’s descendants (get it?) come from that very area of the emerald isle. Nicholas Clooney, a sixth-generation ancestor of George was thought to be from the area and only last November did Mr Murray find documentation confirming that.

David’s credentials were question by some users of KilkennyPeople.ie though.

One said: "We were wondering what criteria were you using to judge the competition because although he's a good looking man, he doesn't look a whole lot like George Clooney."

Another wrote: "What criteria was used? Possibly just one? That he be male and have hair ?".

Entrants were required to submit a photograph of themselves dressed as the A-lister. There were 783 entries from across the country with the list narrowed down to five for the final announcement which took place in a Whiskey Bar.

Mr Murray, the competition’s organiser said, “My company Olympia Films were allocated four tickets to the Oscars in March so we will be taking David with us. He will also be attending the Irish Film and TV Awards, which are held in Dublin next month. We took into consideration in deciding the winner that David is a local actor.”

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/the-world’s-worst-george-clooney-lookalike.html

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Back