I Moved a Radiator but ......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Feed / Return heating system. I moved a radiator ( upstairs) last night.
After moving, I beld it - and the rad and all rads upstairs now heat fine but down stairs do not heat at all. Do I need to bleed all down statirs rads ?

Also the rad I moved is cold at the botton and hot at top ( even before I moved it) any ideas why this is ? is this sludge / rust in the rad / . I've heard there is an aditive that can be added to the system to help remove this - does anyone have any suggestions/ recomendations which product to get ?

Also, is there any way of knowing which is the lock shield valve on a rad?
None of the valves in my house have plactic covers ( usually hiding the valve) so I can't tell which is which. Is it true the lock shield valve is usually on the left of the rad ?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Nearly close the upstairs rads and the downs will probably come on.

You have a serious sludge problem. Search on Sludge, and Powerflush.

Also, is there any way of knowing which is the lock shield valve on a rad?
None of the valves in my house have plactic covers ( usually hiding the valve) so I can't tell which is which. Is it true the lock shield valve is usually on the left of the rad ?
Lock shield is the one that you cant turn off by hand as you have no caps then take your pick.
Lockshield valve can be on either side but often they are all on one side in the same house cos the plumber thought it was a good idea at the time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back