i need to keep bleeding my rads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, very first post here so please bear with me.

The presure in my central heating system keeps rising and i keep bleeding the rads to reduce it. I get in down to 1 bar when cold and then by a few weeks in back up at 2.5-3 bar.

What could be doing this. Is water leaking into the central heating system. The house is only 3 years old so its a new'ish system.

Any help?

Kennycapes

Sponsored Links
I would think that the boiler filling loop (which introduces fresh water into the central heating circuit only) is very slightly open. Within that time period, even a drop every so often will increase the pressure in the system.
If you'll tell us the make / model of boiler, someone will advise you further.
John :)

thanks for the quick response. The boiler name on the front is Ideal ICOS

Hope this helps everyone further. When we bought the house the builder showed us the filler lever so i might try opening and then closing it hard.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is the filling loop an integral part of the boiler? If it isn't and involves basically a braided flex, then loosen one end of this so that any water trying to pass through it will drip into a suitably positioned bucket until you've had a chance to get it repaired/replaced

Hi there

the boiler is in the kitchen and the filler is in the airing cupboard with the water tank. I'll take a look at the loop thing

Kenny

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back