I Tunes.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not that computer literate so need some help.

I have about 7000 songs on my computer and want to copy them to this.
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/product.php?sku=438881&camp_id=ppc_Froogle_search

I was hoping I could then play them back using a laptop which I leave on our boat.

The music is stored in "I tunes" which is on drive "C".

The computer does recognise the new hardware as drive "E".

I have tried to transfer the music over but nothing happens.

Just to check the hardware was working OK, I did manage to transfer something else over and this did work.

Could it be the I tunes programme preventing me doing this and if so does anyone know a way round it?

Sponsored Links
how are you trying to do it? one folder to another? or using some software?

you should be able to copy the files straight over, onto drive E. However, be aware you will need realplayer or i-tunes software on the laptop to play these files, as they will be M4P format if you have downloaded on itunes, rather than mp3. Typical apple making up daft file extensions.

You should be able to copy the files as you would with any other hard disk. Just right click on the folder you want to copy and then click Copy, click on the external drive (E) and click paste.

Sponsored Links
crafty1289 said:
how are you trying to do it? one folder to another? or using some software?

you should be able to copy the files straight over, onto drive E. However, be aware you will need realplayer or i-tunes software on the laptop to play these files, as they will be M4P format if you have downloaded on itunes, rather than mp3. Typical apple making up daft file extensions.

Not really daft. MP4 is a container object allowing it to hold a variety of objects, not just music.

Back