I Pod Nano

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I Pod Nano 2nd generation and I am unable to do anything with it. Was ok but now the screen alternates blank and the apple logo over and over again.
Not recognised in I Tunes or as a drive in My Computer. Will not switch on or it would appear fully off.
Have tried to reset by moving the toggle switch off and on then pressing centre and menu buttons but no good.
Unable to reset on computer as not recognised.
Any ideas please.

Sponsored Links
NOTE: First make sure that your iPod's hold button isn't on. This is the little switch at the top left corner of the iPod nano that you can move to "lock" the iPod's buttons. If it's turned on, you’ll see a little orange area at the top of the iPod nano and a lock icon on its screen. This could be causing your nano not to respond to clicks.

If you see either of these, move the switch back and see if this fixes the problem. If it doesn't, do the following:

Slide the hold switch to the on position and then move it back to off.

Hold down the Menu button on the clickwheel and the center button at the same time. Press them for 6-10 seconds. This should reset the iPod nano. You'll know the nano is restarting when the screen darkens and then the Apple logo appears.

If this doesn't work the first time, repeat the steps and try resetting the nano again.

If a second or third reset doesn't solve your problem, try plugging your iPod nano into a power source (your computer or wall outlet) and let it charge. Then repeat the steps.

Sponsored Links
Back