PC continually reboots at start up.

Well they've been in touch with Mastercare and they've sent them a new hard drive and recovery disc. So guess who's gotta fit it and sort it out?

Sponsored Links
Hmm, good old Mastercare.

This wouldn't explain why you couldn't boot from the CD though. Let us know what happens when you fit the new drive.

Isn't sending a new hard drive and recovery disc a bit like going into a garage with your car and saying 'my headlights are not working' only to be told that they will sort that out no problem... and then hand you a new fuel tank and tell you to fit it yourself???

Yeah I know, my mate's wife played Mary Hell with em when they said that they wouldn't be sending someone out to sort it. I wouldn't fancy getting on the wrong side of her! Good bum though. ;) Will report back when I can be bothered to do the repair.

Sponsored Links
well i still say its cpu problem , overheating . cant they take it to the shop they bought it from ?

We'll see...... stay tuned. I don't think I'll have time to have a look before weekend - so don't hold your breath.

Well with the new hard drive in it allowed the pc to turn on and stay on. Unfortunately we couldn't get the rescue disc they supplied to work.
She phoned them the following day, demanding that they sent someone out (as it said they would in the mastercare policy). They put her on hold and then put the phone down on her. She's not a very happy person to say the least. Will post updates as and when I get them. This could be interesting.

I dunno yet. My last post was only yesterday afternoon.
Trading standards have advised her to write to them (seeing as though she's not had much luck on the phone).

Sponsored Links
Back