I want small-size corrugated sheet metal. Can't buy it.

Sponsored Links
whats with all the posts? you already started a pointless one just like this. i mean come on, just change the format of your question, insted of putting links or what ever the problem was just put what, how much and specs without saying were from etc.

Hello moderator can I explain what I want - sheet metal with small-size corrugations and can I ask if people know how I can buy this?

Who will supply this to the little guy, who wants to buy a few sheets?

Hello moderator, are you there?

try your local small diy shop,

if we get a customer that needs a sheet of what ever material, mdf, plie, aluminium and so on we will get them, if we think it will be a one off we just get the amount the customer wants.

cheers,
Pnil

Sponsored Links
whats with all the posts? you already started a pointless one just like this. i mean come on, just change the format of your question, insted of putting links or what ever the problem was just put what, how much and specs without saying were from etc.
Hi StaticPhilly -will you ask the moderator to lay off me. He or she thinks I am a spammer and won't let me explain.

Well for example, I'd like a quote for stainless steel sheet metal, corrugated, a sine wave would be fine, or zig-zag corrugations, a fan-fold if you know what I mean of a wavelength of 1cm or thereabouts.

This is much smaller specialst corrugations than we DIY consumers can buy normally. I can't buy this locally. I have searched the internet and it only seems to be available for big construction projects - like if I was an architect with a multi-million pound building to construct, the supplier would entertain me but not as I am just a little guy.

Thickness of steel about 0.7 mm would be fine.

Priced in per sheet, say 1m x 1m sheets or something.

try your local small diy shop,

if we get a customer that needs a sheet of what ever material, mdf, plie, aluminium and so on we will get them, if we think it will be a one off we just get the amount the customer wants.

cheers,
Pnil
Which supplier would quote a per sheet price for corrugations that small to my local shop?

My order would be just as small coming via a local shop as it would be direct from me.

How much do you want? A shed roof, a house, or what?

Why does it have to be corrugated?

Have you tried approaching a local firm that build/clads industrial/commercial buildings?
See if they have some surplus sheets or panel offcuts.

Thrown loads of offcuts of similar stuff away in the past.

There's a company called Architectural Stainless based in Essex. They make heat exchangers that use a folded/fan type arrangement. They might be able to supply you or point you in the right direction. (if mod 6 had seen your post you'd have been ok ;) )

Found this link http://www.architecturalstainless.co.uk/

How much do you want? A shed roof, a house, or what?
It is not for a roof or anything big or external! If I was a big construction company, a professional architect or the like I could probably easily get huge volumes of the material from companies who supply for big construction projects.

But I want the corrugated sheet for light fabrication or craft work. The things I'd like to make are the size of a carry case for a lap top computer maybe or a secure carry case for your desktop PC or other valuable equipment.

So I am just looking for a one or two metre squared sheets to begin with.

I want to order small. Experiment with the material. See if that is the corrugation size I really want. If it is right for my purpose, order some more. Hence I want prices quoted per sheet - like when you buy from B&Q or Homebase.

Why does it have to be corrugated?
Corrugated is light and very stiff in one dimension. It means I can bend it as well in the other not-so-stiff direction, to make curved shapes.

Steel is nice and strong which means I could padlock the cases to secure points to help make it burglar proof.

Guys, honestly, I have got the right product in mind. It just is very frustrating trying to find someone to supply it in small quantities.

I wonder if Chequerplate would do? You should be able to get it fairly easily.

Have you tried approaching a local firm that build/clads industrial/commercial buildings?
See if they have some surplus sheets or panel offcuts.

Thrown loads of offcuts of similar stuff away in the past.
Nice idea but the problem is this - I am very particular about the size of corrugations I want - small around 1cm wavelength.

Most of the stuff used in the construction industry is far too big corrugations for my purposes. Yes, it could be made specially for constructing buildings and a company (who shall remain nameless) offers on their website to make it specially, but it looks like they want a big order before they will give you the time of day. If I could go to them with a "price is no obstacle" attitude - no doubt that would open doors but I am just a small guy with a hobby and a limited bank balance.

There's a company called Architectural Stainless based in Essex. They make heat exchangers that use a folded/fan type arrangement. They might be able to supply you or point you in the right direction. (if mod 6 had seen your post you'd have been ok ;) )

Found this link http://www.architecturalstainless.co.uk/[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I wrote to a good many companies like that but not that company yet so I will write to them and see if they can help.

I wonder if Chequerplate would do? You should be able to get it fairly easily.
You mean this?

chequerplate1.jpg

No that it is not corrugated or folded steel. Chequerplate is not much stiffer in one direction and more flexible in the other so no, thanks for the suggestion but no that won't do.

Honestly guys, I have given quite a lot of thought to what material I want and it is corrugations of one kind or another - sine wave, zig-zag/fan-fold/steps - it is really help with getting an alternative supplier for the same material I need, not suggestions for an alternative material.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back