I want some advice on website building is this the right sub

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My hobby is photography and like any budding photographer I want to show off my pictures.

I feel having just a block of pictures is a bit useless one wants to explain why and how the picture was taken. And in some cases show a series of photos to show something.

Building a web page with a picture is easy. But when it comes to showing say 60 pictures on a web page then it starts getting a little more complex.

I have made pages showing 1 to 3 pictures at a time with a rolling show with 60 pictures in all including rolling text, but I want to now show how I construct the final picture and have been playing with the "Canvas" command in HTML to show a series of PNG format pictures slowly building up to give the final image.

OK it works on my PC but the Canvas command needs a set size so for example set to 300 x 200 it will show as that size what ever size of monitor used it does not seem to have the width="40%" option so viewing on an Iphone will be very different to viewing on a PC or Mac.

Although img src= works well it deletes the previous image so can't build up an image.

Not sure which section I should ask about this in. Is it a visual problem or software problem.

I am using both java script and CSS in my pages. An example page here speed is slow and also no transition between pictures I know they leave a lot to be desired. But where should I post for advice?

Since my web space is rather limited I put images all over the place and link to them. Propriety software wants me to put pictures in a set folder and will not allow be to access the same image with many pages. So at the moment the Java Script and CSS is all hand written.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back