i want to add new hot water rad to basement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a relatively new SlantFin boiler that runs all of my rads just fine with a strong pump. My neighbours all have functioning basement rads. I have none [previous owner removed]. At the cost of electricity, I think it beneficial to add rad to the basement. However, I know of some that had had them installed, and then they are stone cold. What is the trick? Does it have something to do with where the half inch copper pipe line comes in? Can it come directly down from the ceiling, or must it run along the base of the wall? Or is there some other secret, or maybe that you cannot mix the old cast iron rads with the new light ones? I don't know, but I do know that sometimes they will not work after professional installation. Any hints guys?? If I rip out the electric rads, then install these, and they don;t work, then I will never hear the ned of it!! ANY HELP GUYS??
Many thanks Bill Vincent Toronto [before the winter comes]

Sponsored Links
Providing the boiler has sufficient heat output to accommodate the additional radiators, then there should be no problem with this.

Agree with Dextrous, If, it's connected correctly it will work.

We install drop systems all the time, without any problem.

I should say if everything is connected to 1/2" pipes you may have a problem or two.

Sponsored Links
I most certainly appreciate your opinions. We will 'give it a go' and see how it all works out before the cold. I just needed a little reassurance! Again THANK YOU! Bill Vincent Toronto Ont. Canada

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back