i want to put up a woodern battern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there is there any way i can put up a woodern battern with no nails and if so how can i do this with out it falling off many thanks

Sponsored Links
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gluescrew...Scrapbooking_Glue_Tape_EH&hash=item3a466f0f8b
and this is very good-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CT1-Seala...booking_Glue_Tape_EH&var=&hash=item746ae574f0

However, any glue is only as good as the surface that you are gluing to. If your battern is stuck to a painted wall then it's only really the paint bond holding it up.
What do you intend doing with the battern once it's on the wall?

by the way this may have been better in one of the other forums as it's only a diy disaster if your battern falls off the wall :D

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
what weight will it have to hold?

are you just trying to stop it slippping down the wall? I have found some of the similar named products arnt as good as said named brand for that.

you could try holding inplace with tape

or use a piece of furniture to put against it whilst it drys

what surface is it going on? you could use pins (small nails) to hold it in place whilst it drys.

chewing gum will stick a batten...what do you want to fix to the batten.
As said no nails will do but if the item is having to support a fish tank it wont.

Sponsored Links
thank you for your ideas i am putting up curtain poles and wood blinds and wand to hold up the battern till it drys i think i could use nails to hold it up to it drys many thanks

just beware as I came unstuck (excuse the pun) doing exactly this job.

It all seemed to hold up but the weight and operating the curtain openers was a bit too much strain and as I had glued on a painted surface eventuall the paint bond failed and I had to start again.

I would try used something like screws and plugs if you can. It will last a bit longer.

Most gunnable adhesives can be found at most of the builders merchants , Tippers, Travis Perkins , Buildbase and so on.
"Sticks like " is also a very good option that is widely available although I think less places stock the CT1 product

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back