I was only going to reseal the shower unit :o(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd finaly got all the silicon off the shower ready to reseal it, when i noticed a bit of damp near the corner, so I moved a skirting board to find a puddle of water, moved a bit more skirting and discovered a whole load of problems.

First the shower drain pipe goes uphill into the bath pipe work. So a few more tiles off and the end of the bath come off, to discover that the frame that the bath is resting on is rotten, so pull up some of the lino and find that the hardboard is rotten, move a bit of that and the chipboard flooring is also rotten, so move a bit of that and I think i'm lucky with the joists.

The bad news is that the whole floor will need to come up as the bath and shower are currently resting on rotten frames and rotten floor.

So a bit of a big project for me to start with, but it needs doing before any more damage is done, going to have to be a fast learner :eek:

Why couldn't this have happened when my ex who was a builder was still here, thinking about it, it probably was happening and a blind eye was turned :p

Wish me luck (and give me advice to please) I'm going to need it, lots of it!!

Sponsored Links
Replace flooring with ply, chipboard is an awful choice for flooring [as you have found out].

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back