Separate shower or over bath shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having just bought a new property that has, essentially, 3 bathrooms (upstairs bathroom, ensuite and downstairs bathroom) I was wondering what to do with the upstairs bathroom which is a decent size (7'10 x 12'5) though the exterior wall slopes (dormer bungalow converted upstairs) which has a double sink and a bath and separate shower.

I am thinking of turning the downstairs bathroom into a shower room only.

Do people prefer a separate shower in a bathroom or are not bothered by over bath showers?
I am indifferent to it personally, but in the event we ever need to sell would like to maximize selling potential.

I quite like the idea of an overhead bath as that leaves lots more floor space to move around.
Never going to be using the bath and shower at the same time, so kinda seems a waste, especially with a shower in the ensuite and a shower downstairs.

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back