I was the sole survivor of the Kingsmill massacre

claiming 10,000 trucks pass through dover daily and in the event of a no deal, 10% of those will be checked by customs
I never said that.

I said
The HMRC assessment using an optomistic model states that 20% of trucks wont that the correct customs and transit documents.

The French have said trucks without correct correct documantation will be delayed by 2 to 8 hours.

wo ferry companies operate in Dover, P & O and DFDS
10,000 trucks includes all movements. I never mentioned ferries.

1. You've overstated their physical truck carrying capacity by approximately 30%
I dont remember mentioning truck capacity, was it a quote I had linked?

Does 'project fear' never rest?,
You need to sit and watch the brexit no deal preparation committee meetings -then you will see what an utter shambles it will be.

Keeping your fingers in your ears and shouting 'project fear' is a waste of your time.
Use it more productively by finding the truth......oh thats right you cant, your confirmation bias prohibits it

Sponsored Links
Will we still have 3rd party, fire and theft?
You voted out, you dont want the UK to have the economic advantage of frictionkess trade with 27 countries
Now you are saying you want it.
Do make your mind up.

Thats the problem with Brexiteers they say they dont want something then complain they cant have it.

Anyway it wouldnt be up to us.
Short term possibly longer term...no chance.

The EU wont allow a non member to have frictionless access

I never said that.

I said
The HMRC assessment using an optomistic model states that 20% of trucks wont that the correct customs and transit documents.

The French have said trucks without correct correct documantation will be delayed by 2 to 8 hours.

Would you like to borrow a shovel mate?

10,000 trucks includes all movements. I never mentioned ferries.

No, you specifically stated Dover, and as far as I'm aware, ferry is the only method of transport for lorries via Dover.

I dont remember mentioning truck capacity, was it a quote I had linked?

Yes, you linked to some project fear page.

So you're against other people's human rights, but not your own human rights then? I guess then that you would prefer to be discriminated against?..........
Perhaps I worded that wrong. To clarify, I'm against the abuse of human rights by foreign criminals who use them to prevent deportation when convicted of a serious crime. Tough - if you come over here and it will be too dangerous for you to be deported, DON'T ****ING COMMIT CRIME IN MY COUNTRY AND USE THE HUMAN RIGHTS ACT TO STAY HERE. That’s not what it was intended for.

Sponsored Links
I know you are mocking but for the ignorant -

The European Convention on Human Rights is separate from the EU.

I suppose the UK could ignore that as well and start hanging, drawing and quartering again.

I maybe didn't make myself clear, people who complain that in the event of the UK leaving the EU trade will suffer because the UK will be out of regulatory alignment with the EU, however any business sending goods to Europe only have
Im not worrying in the slightest.......

3rd country status is guaranteed, border checks are guaranteed.
Losing 759 trade agreements is guaranteed.

I do Brexiteers would stop ignoring reality, no deal means significant economic damage, people will lose their jobs, inequality will increase.
Doesn't America have 3rd country status, 3rd country is not the same as 3rd world.

people who complain that in the event of the UK leaving the EU trade will suffer

It isnt complaining, it is just explaining what will happen.

Doesn't America have 3rd country status, 3rd country is not the same as 3rd world.
That is a perfectly reasonable point.

The simple answer is the UK has streamlined itself with its closest and biggest trading partner for 40 years.
Dont forget the UK played a key role in that integration.

A more detailed summary:
The UK’s position as the front-runner destination for venture capital investment in technology firms would be jeopardised. The UK’s car industry would be put at a competitive disadvantage because it would face tariffs on its exports to the EU and interruptions to its highly-integrated supply chains. ‘No deal’ would lead to problems with some food supplies and, we were told, would be ‘disastrous’ for UK farming. The sudden introduction of tariffs on the pharmaceuticals and chemicals industries would seriously challenge the viability of their supply chains. The UK’s higher education sector – a world leader in science and research - would experience a short-term shock and longer-term reputational damage from which it would struggle to recover. And UK services businesses would risk loss of market access and face uncertainty about how no deal would affect their staff working in the EU because they would be treated as third country providers by the EU

Link
https://www.parliament.uk/business/...nces-no-deal-business-report-published-17-19/

Full report
https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201719/cmselect/cmexeu/2560/2560.pdf

Perhaps I worded that wrong. To clarify, I'm against the abuse of human rights by foreign criminals who use them to prevent deportation when convicted of a serious crime.
And quite right too...

However it's not the human rights laws that are the problem, it's the way the UK interprets them...

A problem akin to that of the UK being able to restrict EU migration and deport those not supporting themselves, but choosing not to do so!

Sponsored Links
Back