ICON 23t - Glow-worm?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there, my boiler is playing silly people.

It is an Icon 23t (brand name for Travis Perkins possibly) - A Glowworm in disguise?

Anyway, the hot water only works properly when the Central Heating is on. Otherwise, you need the hot water taps on full pelt to get any hot water at all.

Any suggestions gladly accepted.

Thank you

Andy

Sponsored Links
No it's NOT a disguised Glow worm. You should be so lucky!

But it does have a diaphragm-operated diverter and these can be replaced. Don't know if the diaphragm is available separately.

Thank you for your replies, what is it then?
When I talked to a variety of local plumbers they decided it was a Travis Perkins own branded version of a Glowworm. If it isn't, what is it?

Might help me explain the problem better if I know what it actually is!

Andy

Sponsored Links
It's TP's own brand and (used to be?) sold to them by Vaillant Hepworth (the parent company of Glowworm).

Strangely, TP's own website has not got any product data on it.... so I don't know whether the Icon is still current.

Icon is actually made by a company called Hermann, probably in Italy, maybe Germany.

In South London, some spares (including div. valves) can be got from Shoreheat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back