ICOS BOILER...HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am stuck with my boiler!! I saw a guy with a problem with the same boiler on here and saw that he got some expert advice so I need yours please!!
I have either an HE12,15,18 or 24 Icos boiler, everything was fine until Friday evening when I decided to turn our underfloor heating on (at the panel on the wall) and it wouldn't turn on. I went to the boiler and there is no power- no flashing lights or anything- and the same with the boiler panel (thermostat?!) it's as if the power has been turned off but I haven't touched anything.
Please does anyone have any idea whats happened and what I can do to fix it so that I don't have to try and find the money for a huge call out charge.
thank you for any help you can give me!

Sponsored Links
check the fuse , should be 3amp in the fused spur .check the fuse box also

Check as lor says first. Have you looked at your programmer, is there a battery symbol showing? If so this could also be an indication of no mains to the entire heating system.

Fused spur is usually under boiler or in the airing cupboard near the hw cylinder.

thanks for your help guys! there is no battery symbol showing- there is no life anywhere!!! where is the fuse spur and is it safe for me to look at it? where would the mains be to turn it off? oh and no problem with fuse box!

Sponsored Links
When you've found the fused connection unit (spur) and before you change the 3A fuse, turn the boiler off at the switch on the front panel. This way you'll eliminate the boiler from the equation if the new fuse blows.

If the rest of the system powers-up OK then turn on the boiler. Chances are it'll be one of your circulating pumps causing the fuse to blow, though the icos can cause a short effect on the mains power if its PCB has blown (only seen one of these, and that was on an isar (similar PCB).

Sounds like you need someone competant with electricity before you go further than this.

MM

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back