ID ten T error

• Thread starter cumbriahandyman
  • Start date
C

cumbriahandyman

As we Silver Surfers know, sometimes we have trouble with our computers.

I had a problem yesterday, so I called Eric, the 11 year old next
door, whose bedroom looks like Mission Control and asked him to come
over.

Eric clicked a couple of buttons and solved the problem.

As he was walking away, I called after him, 'So, what was wrong?

He replied, 'It was an ID ten T error.'

I didn't want to appear stupid, but nonetheless inquired,

'An, ID ten T error? What's that? In case I need to fix it again.'

Eric grinned.... 'Haven't you ever heard of an ID ten T error before?

'No,' I replied.

'Write it down,' he said, 'and I think you'll figure it out.'

So I wrote down:

ID10T

I used to like Eric, the little b*****d

Sponsored Links
He could have said the problem was PICNIC.

Problem In Chair Not In Computer

We've had a problem with our A1 plotter - called out the tech support guy yesterday - he was here for 3.5 hours this morning, and on the phone to another 'expert' back at the office and he eventually left having found a temporary solution, whilst going away to come up with a full solution.

After he'd gone i fixed it myself. I pressed a button on the plotter that has a circle with a line through it, the screen on the printer went off, I pressed it again 10 seconds later and the screen came back on again - problem solved. (for those that didn't follow that - i turned it off, and back on again) Thankfully we've got a maintenance contract so we didn't have to pay for his visit/time!!

Sponsored Links
We've had a problem with our A1 plotter - called out the tech support guy yesterday - he was here for 3.5 hours this morning, and on the phone to another 'expert' back at the office and he eventually left having found a temporary solution, whilst going away to come up with a full solution.

After he'd gone i fixed it myself. I pressed a button on the plotter that has a circle with a line through it, the screen on the printer went off, I pressed it again 10 seconds later and the screen came back on again - problem solved. (for those that didn't follow that - i turned it off, and back on again) Thankfully we've got a maintenance contract so we didn't have to pay for his visit/time!!

So you didn't do that before you called the techy then?

As we Silver Surfers know, sometimes we have trouble with our computers.

I had a problem yesterday, so I called Eric, the 11 year old next
door, whose bedroom looks like Mission Control and asked him to come
over.

Eric clicked a couple of buttons and solved the problem.

As he was walking away, I called after him, 'So, what was wrong?

He replied, 'It was an ID ten T error.'

I didn't want to appear stupid, but nonetheless inquired,

'An, ID ten T error? What's that? In case I need to fix it again.'

Eric grinned.... 'Haven't you ever heard of an ID ten T error before?

'No,' I replied.

'Write it down,' he said, 'and I think you'll figure it out.'

So I wrote down:

ID10T

I used to like Eric, the little b*****d

I love it, I'm stealing that! Canny 11 yo! I always used Flux capacitor, or RTFM (Read the F.. manual)....which I didn't do today, installing a 'virtual' cigarette recharger. These are plastic, non cigarettes, that light up, and possibly blow smoke, to create the illusion of smoking. The USB charger, says insert one end of the virtual cigarette into the USB device, and screw it in...well it wasn't having none of it. The manual states unscrew part D from B, then insert A into charger...could not get it charging, manual no help. It must have been from Ikea! Finally managed to do it.

Being techy, I was saying it's because the USB hub doesn't have enough power Scotty, she needs more juice! (as it has a 5v power input on the side)..

Then was told to completely reconfigure her router, as it's settings were default.

Sponsored Links
Back