ITN's Alastair Stewart steps down after social media 'errors of judgement'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Oh dear i wonder what he did, his Twitter account has been shut so maybe he tweeted something offensive or worse? How the mighty fall in todays society of hero to zero or zero to hero all in a day thanks to the internet.

What do we reckon?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51300799

TV News presenter Alastair Stewart is stepping down from his role following what ITN called "errors of judgment in Alastair's use of social media".

In a statement, the veteran broadcaster, 67, said: "It was a misjudgement which I regret."

ITN said he had breached editorial guidelines, but did not elaborate on the reasons for his departure.

He added: "It's been a privilege to bring the news to households throughout the UK for the past 40 years."

Stewart joined ITV in 1980 and began fronting News at Ten nine years later.

The newsreader's Twitter account has now been deactivated.

Sponsored Links
He MAY have tweeted a Shakespearian rejoinder to a man (who MAY be a man of colour) that MAY have had a word synonymous with 'primate' in it.

I believe he may have also made an error of judgement not once but twice for drink driving. Might be wrong about that though.

Sponsored Links
He MAY have tweeted a Shakespearian rejoinder to a man (who MAY be a man of colour) that MAY have had a word synonymous with 'primate' in it.
Aha decoded your cryptic comments thanks.

I see its on sun etc anyway so he quoted a few lines from shakespear which included the word ape at a black guy.... and that's the end of hir career.

Meanwhile we mock a man for his gammon skin appearance its laughed at.. how ****ed up.

Aha decoded your cryptic comments thanks.

I see its on sun etc anyway so he quoted a few lines from shakespear which included the word ape at a black guy.... and that's the end of hir career.

Meanwhile we mock a man for his gammon skin appearance its laughed at.. how ****ed up.

Pink-jowelled Englishman more acceptble?

Pink-jowelled Englishman more acceptble?
yellow skinned china man?
Slanty eye'd thai man?
The african shreeking Oreo?

Are they ok? We are told they are not acceptable as it's a reference to their skin colour or appearance, now i don't understand why you think it's ok to refer to ANY skin colour of a person is it ok to mock white or pink skin as we are the root of racism and we deserve it, because back about 500 years ago we participated in slavery etc etc.

It shouldn't be ok for anyone.

Slanty eye'd thai man?

Are they ok? We are told they are not acceptable as it's a reference to their skin colour or appearance, now i don't understand why you think it's ok to refer to ANY skin colour of a person is it ok to mock white or pink skin as we are the root of racism and we deserve it, because back about 500 years ago we participated in slavery etc etc.

snowflake gammon

Slanty eye'd thai man?

They just rolled off your tongue? Keeping them all bottled up until now? :mrgreen:

You really do have a chip on your shoulder with your over reaction.

Racism is both a delicate, emotive and nuanced subject.

They just rolled off your tongue? Keeping them all bottled up until now? :mrgreen:

You really do have a chip on your shoulder with your over reaction.

Racism is both a delicate, emotive and nuanced subject.
No i have a beef with hypocrisy search for it and my name you'll find loads, i don't roll on here and reel an off the cuff observation about this n that and expect me to somehow be exempt from what is claimed as unacceptable behaviour, it goes for everyone.

Personally i don't have a beef with terms chink yank etc but they're not allowed so if that's the case we need to be equal ON ALL perjoratives they should not be used, not hey it's ok white people deserve it.
Or you saying it's ok to be defamatory about 'fellow whites' like blacks call eachother '*****' when they see fit?

Racism isn't a term referring exclusively to one colour and their behaviour.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back