Ideal classic expansion vessel

C

Classic40

Hi,

The expansion vessel in my classic ff340 with sealed system kit has failed. I had a new valve fitted and it's still not holding the 0.75 bar.

Does anyone have one for sale? Or can point me in the direction of somewhere to get one cheap. Not fused about having a brand new one as long as it's working.

The mfr part number is 113205.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Off the shelf expansion vessels are available at plumbers merchants. I doubt you'd have to get a "classic specific" vessel.

As above. EVs start at £20ish new at Tool Station, etc. How cheap do you want them?

I wish it was just a standard size as it would be a lot cheaper to replace.

The cheapest I have found so far is £75.62

I picked up a couple of standard 12L kit's but it would mean having to change the pipework etc I think its a better idea to keep with the standard one.

Sponsored Links
Can you explain where you think the charge is going, I hardly ever replace expansion vessels!

I picked up a couple of standard 12L kit's but it would mean having to change the pipework etc I think its a better idea to keep with the standard one.

What do you expect? The expansion as you're are aware is above the boiler and has little room to alter, ie fitting remote, with the pump and PRV there too. Buy like for like and it'll save you in the long run.

Can you explain where you think the charge is going, I hardly ever replace expansion vessels!

It's coming out of the valve, when you put water on it bubbles and the water which came out of the vessel was clean but bits of black rubber came out too.

I filled it to 0.75 bar and checked it a few days later it was down to 0.60 bar.

Also when the boiler starts up it sounds like like there is air trapped in the system.

What do you expect? The expansion as you're are aware is above the boiler and has little room to alter, ie fitting remote, with the pump and PRV there too. Buy like for like and it'll save you in the long run.

That's my plan, I did think about getting somebody in to fit one of the 12L kits I got which came with everything (vessel, gauge, prv) but after thinking about it, it would be cheaper to get the same vessel and fit it myself.

The hose currently seems ok but I will more then likely change it to be on the safe.

Does anyone know where I can buy one from cheaper then £75? I didn't know if anyone has one in there van they don't need etc.

I am planning on flushing the system out and refilling then draining again then adding some inhibitor with the final fill.

I dont think you need to replace your expansion vessel, if a vessel is burst you wouldnt be able to re-pressurise it, if it is losing a little pressure every day it is most likely the schraeder valve, a very easy and cheap replacement but with all expansion vessel pressurising you Must leave a drain open when pressurising the vessel

I dont think you need to replace your expansion vessel, if a vessel is burst you wouldnt be able to re-pressurise it, if it is losing a little pressure every day it is most likely the schraeder valve, a very easy and cheap replacement but with all expansion vessel pressurising you Must leave a drain open when pressurising the vessel

That's what I was hoping but I took it to a tyre place and there removed the old inner valve and replaced it but its still leaking air.

are there bubbles coming out of the schraeder valve when you put soapy water on it ? if so the valve hasnt been replaced properly its not a hard job to do and there is nothing wrong with the vessel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back