Ideal Classic FF 250

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The Ideal Classic FF250 in my Son's house fires up for a minute or so and then closes down,firing up again some time later for the same period.
This happens whether just hot water is calling or both HW and CH.The pump is running, valves adjacent open and the two motorised valves, motor when they should.I have bled the radiators with the system closed down. There was air in them which seems to have been dispelled. But still the problem continues.Your help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Pumps can appear to be working/spinning, but not actually circulating.

Are the pipes hot either side of the pump?

Yes Dave undid plastic screw on rear of pump and its turning and pipes are hot both sides

have you tried setting the valves to manually open and see if circulation starts? I'm assuming that rads and hot water are not getting hot?

Sponsored Links
Both valves were moved to manual and the rads downstairs are luke warm upstairs appear a bit hotter.The hot water is a reasonable temperature ( set at 60 deg ) but because of the short period that the boiler stays on, cant keep to the demand.

Certainly sounds like the pump has had it. If I were there I would put a new pump on to eliminate it now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back