ideal classic ff whopping noise-need expert advice

A

angelf

Need expert advice: if an ideal classic lxff boiler makes a "whopping " noise when it is working does that mean that the air pressure switch is failing? If it is:

1. How do I test if it has/is failing?

2. What other reasons would there be for this noise & how would I narrow those reasons down-I appreciate that it may be the fan/pcb etc but how can I test & illiminate them?

3. Is it safe to continue running the boiler while it is still making this noise?

Dont want to look a complete prat when I go to see the customer

Ta M :?:

Sponsored Links
Could be combustion, fan, flue, all sorts really. Needs careful inspection!

So definately not related to the air pressure switch?

Combustion adjusting I can do but want to make sure I'm aware of all possible problems that have gone wrong with this boiler model in the past and an specific problems related to this model that I might need to know?
M

In the public area of this forum I don't mind giving advice like "it sounds like your fan's packed up".
But I won't tell you how to change it, and I will tell you that you shouldn't DIY . Because, as you probably know, there are many dangers associated with an apparently simple task like changing a fan.

The forum regulars seem to be going along much the same route, with regard to advice.

IF you're competent, you'll be Corgi registered, in about 9999 cases out of 10,000, so you're welcome to ask in the Combustion Chamber where you'll get advice from other gas engineers. Yes there are peculiarities with that boiler!

The CC is the only free rgi-only technical forum on the net, as far as I'm aware.

Sponsored Links
Chris R

Thanks I am corgi reg & although I have changed fans on ideal boilers before I havent changed it on this one. Wanted to cover all avenues before I laiunched in. Cheers
M

what is the "combustion chamber" -I know its in the h/e of a boiler but is this a reference to a "club" where u can talk to other Corgi gas engineers?
If so how can I access it?
M

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back