Ideal Classic FF250 keeps tripping the Overheat/Reset button

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have an Ideal Classic FF250 boiler, not sure how old as it was in when i moved in.
It's not been to bad i had a few problems with it the previous owner failed to tell me about :mad: . But once resolved it's been alright, however every now and again it would trip the Overheat/Reset button (every few months if that.
Recently i tried turning the tank temperature down a little as i didnt think we needed the water scaldingly hot, so i turned it down from 60 to 40 to see how this went, the missus complained that there was not enough hot water and it wasnt as hot, i then turned it up to 50 and i lagged all the pipes in the boiler cupboard.
Since then it started tripping the Overheat/Reset button during the night and the odd time during the day. I have tried putting the temp back to 60 so it was all back to where i started, but yet it still trips the button. Thinking that cos i lagged all the pipes the boiler maybe overheating i have tried turning the boiler down from 6 to 5 and then to 4 but still have the same problem.....

Would welcome any help or ideas where to start investigating.....
:eek:

Sponsored Links
I would suspect that the pump might be sluggish to start sometimes.

What setting is it on?

What colour is water bled from the pump?

Tony

I would suspect that the pump might be sluggish to start sometimes.

What setting is it on?

What colour is water bled from the pump?

Tony

Hi Tony,
Thanks for your quick reply.
I will fill in a little more background that i forgot to ad in the first post...

The boiler is connected to a Mageflow Sadia system, also when i moved in i had water pressure issues which resulted in the expansion vessel being replaced and new pressure relief valves etc... After that the pump went about a year ago and was replaced with new.
I have just checked the pump as it is on at the moment and the speed is set to 3 and the water is clear.

It could be Overheat Stat itself. They are fail 'safe'.

Sponsored Links
It could be Overheat Stat itself. They are fail 'safe'.

Cheers for the reply,
Do you mean the the Overheat thermostat or the Thermostat sensor....or maybe both ?

Is there anyway of testing to see if it could be either of these ?

Thanks

Anybody know what the part No.s are for the classic ff250 thermostat / sensor / overheat/reset button ?

or where i can locate these, have surfed a few websites but i dont know the part No.s

thanks

I am not sure we should be advising how to replace safety devices.

But first you should be measuring the actual boiler flow temperature at the point at which the o/h stat trips.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back