Ideal classic - Luke warm hot water tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Moved house and now we have an ideal classic ff380 + megaflo 210L

We have noticed some mornings the hot water is only luke warm. The hot water stat is set to 60c and timings are 20mins morning and 40mins evening when we normally take showers.

In our old house this was sufficient for plenty of hot water, even for days.

Given the size of the tank and boiler do I need longer timings?

Only thing I've noticed is the boiler seems to warm up for a few mins and shut off for a few mins and cycle like this with the pump still running. It's not getting hot enough to trip it'd stat. CH gets it much much hotter for longer. So is this a gas saving feature of the ideal classic, not to overheat the boiler water, to shut down and pump the residual heat up? In which case I just increase the timings or does it sound faulty?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
We have a hot water cylinder with a thermostat cable tied to it and if we set it below 70 degrees the water is cool. Perhaps you need to turn temp up a bit?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back