Luke warm Water and Rads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help.
I have a Ideal Classic FF340 and for the last 4 weeks I can only run a bath with about 6" of hot water then the water runs luke warm
My rads are only luke warm. I have bled them but it has made not difference what so ever.
And my Grundfros pump is on number 3

Can anyone help please

Sponsored Links
Pump definately turning? (Just because it is running doesn't always mean its moving the water.) Adequate water in the system?

Undo big silver screw in the top, (dont lose it!), you'll get a dribble of water out probably. Insert a small flat screwdriver, should be able to feel it spinning. Check pipes either side of the pump, are they hot? When you bleed the rads do you get a strong jet of water or next to nothing?

Lastly, the boiler, does it fire and run for a while or fire then almost immediately shut down, or not fire at all?

Sponsored Links
Thank for the instructions on how to check the pump I will get my son to check later. I think he will have heart attack if he comes in and finds his mum doing this. lol

The boiler does fire up then goes off again after a short while and I am having to click my wall thermostate on to get it to come back on.

am I correct in thinking its all point towards the pump?

not necessarily if the boiler does not run for long then it wont do its job.when the boiler cuts out does the fan continue to run?

Hi

We have tired to removed the silver screw on the pump and cant move it. If I put my hand on the pump you can feel the working inside moving.

I cant see a fan on my boiler but I can again feel the vibaration of the fan moving if i put my hand on the boiler at the side.

I clicked the thermostate on in my hallway when i came in and the pilot light didn't light it did light when i moved the thermostate on the water tank. The fan was running all the time!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back