IDEAL CLASSIC nf40

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

i have an IDEAL CLASSIC nf40 which was cutting out after about 2 mins when the boiler started.
ive had an engineer around who said it is was probably the circulator pump as the mid position valve seem to be working ok and that the boiler was prob ok.
so i had the pump replaced and system cleaned out (was very dirty) and all appeared fine,but now the problem has returned.
the boiler starts and heats up the radiators (warm but not hot) then it will go off for 5-10 mins then it does this over and over .
however immediately after the pump was replaced the radiators were very hot.
any ideas please

Sponsored Links
Could still be a circulation fault. Was it a proper powerflush or just a chemical clean? Does sound like a blockage, but not easy to diagnose at a distance. Might I suggest you call them back as there should be some sort of warranty.

hi, it was a chemical clean.getting a rather loudish humming sound now, i thought it was the new pump but it is not,when i turn the pump down to second setting it reduces but when u put your ear to the pump its just quietly going.
also in the loft the small tank has got a trickle of warm water running into it.

In that case you have a blockage around the feed and vent connections. These are normally located just before the pump. A chemical clean or powerflush will not shift that. Best way is to cut out and either clean or replace affected pipework. Pumping over like you describe will damage your system if not rectified. View media item 39013

Sponsored Links
thanks very much for that, im unable to find the fault and will have to put my faith in the professional again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back