Ideal Classic NF40 not firing up!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Ideal Classic NF40 sealed system C/H boiler,and over last couple of weeks it has been whistling now and then,but after reading some of your forums thought it may be hard water,now all of a sudden the boiler is not firing up.When it is started you can here the fan whirring and the electrics appear to be ok,but it doesnt fire up.I dont know if this problem is connected with the whistling but would welcome some advice before calling someone out thanks.

Sponsored Links
The reason it is not firing up is because the fan is jamming, that's why it had been whistling. The fan extracts the flue gases so if it is not running, for safety the burner will not fire, You could try taking the casing off and lubricating the fan bearing/shaft.

The reason it is not firing up is because the fan is jamming, that's why it had been whistling. The fan extracts the flue gases so if it is not running, for safety the burner will not fire, You could try taking the casing off and lubricating the fan bearing/shaft.

Nice one Dublinsparks but seeing as the punter asked TWO years ago I am sure he has had it sorted by now

:)

Sponsored Links

This sounds right as I recently had the same problem which was resolved by replacing the fan.

I know this is of no use to the OP who did request advice some 4 years ago!!

I came upon this thread as I was searching on the Ideal Classic NF40 to see if it is G rated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back