Ideal classic rs250 pilot light issue

So one guy says "he knows what it is but can't say"

Now your telling me the boiler is knackered

Doesn't really portray your trade in a good light!!

Sponsored Links
If you really distrust your engineer this much maybe you should consider looking at getting a different one that you won't be worried about ripping you off.

Jon

Sponsored Links
We all use different price structures , do you feel lucky?

The forum rules say that we cannot give advice to DIYers on gas/combustion related issues.

By posting on this forum, you are deemed to have read and agreed to abide by the rules.

Most gas engineers are totally capable of repairing boilers without needing any assistance from their customers.

Same as any other specialities.

The only exception is a consultant who needs to borrow your watch to tell you the time!

Tony

That is now 3 responses & not one of you can give a straight answer to a question of exactly how much labour & parts I should expect to pay?

Because this is a diy site and not compare the market. Com What you have is not a diy job and as such need an RGI. What they charge is down to them and your acceptance of his terms. Why not ask him?

No I don't feel lucky at all, and judging by the responses on here it pretty much confirms my concerns.

I very much doubt potential customers will be queing up to call.

That's my last post on the matter.

Considering you have replaced so many parts already my gut instincts tell me it is YOU that will try and carry out repairs to the boiler in question.

I'm an electrical engineer so heating controls are bread & butter whereas boiler internals aren't, hence why I have a gas safe cert for when the boiler was moved as I don't touch gas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back