Ideal Concord 'C' Series 2A Pilot Light Assembly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a very old boiler and the pilot light assembly has disintegrated!! Can anyone advise where I can get a replacement or a modern equivalent. Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Sorry Keith but by the sounds of it, you need to disconnect a gas pipe for that, so you should call in a Gas Safe RGI to carry out that job.

Spares are still available for your appliance.

Thanks for that. I have a registered fitter but we are trying to find the replacement part so the question to all is do you know where I can find the part?

????????? Sorry, but any RGI would know where to get these componants.

Sponsored Links
Ahh but the problem is that the boiler is obsolete and Ideal have said that they do not stock the part....so I do not want to replace the boiler for the sake of one small part. So hoping that there is someone out there who knows of a website or supplier.

Any "real" RGI would instantly recognise the pilot assembly as a standard Q309a unit made by H****well !!! they are readilly availible from any heating "Component" supplier - a plumbers merchant would probably not know what your "RGI" was talking about!! :confused:

Hi

I am back. I was a little bit taken aback by the negative comments re the pilot light assembly, implying that my fitter did not know what he was doing! However we researched the H****ll part and this is the Thermo Coupler and not the assembly that directs the pilot light...so perhaps he does know what he is talking about. The problem is that I still cannot find any supplier who supplys the PILOT LIGHT ASSEMBLY bit that I am looking for.

Any clues....please don't have a go at the fitter again as it is not getting me anywhere!!!

A Honeywell Q314a pilot burner is probably what you require and your man should know if these are compatible. They will accept a Q309a thermocouple.
Good luck with keeping that ol girl going.
Try MKW heating controls.

How do you explain that " your RGI " seems to have little interest or ability to source parts which are the bread and butter of his job?

Others on this site dont have any problem!

They maybe a Concord virus going around as my Concord C Series 2A (The beast) has also failed. Its leaking gas just outside of the pilot light assembly before it goes into the burners. We've tried the white tape but to no avail. So its either the tube or the assembly.

Any feedback on whether the 'Honeywell Q314a pilot burner' did the trick ? And does anyone know of a compatible part for the 'pilot light assembly tube' ?

Any assistance would be appreciated as I'm desperate to get her working again <crying>

A new pilot tube assembly will fix this but IT MUST BE INSTALLED BY A REGISTERED GAS FITTER it is NOT of DIY!!

It is ALWAYS possible to repair most faults on a Concord Series 2
best boiler ideal ever made!! still thousands of them giving excellent Band D service - but costing less to run than a Keston!! :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back