Pilot Light

Sponsored Links
put a jumper on then and fingerless gloves :LOL:

when i was a lad we moved to a brand new house and the only form of heating was a coal fire in the lounge, in winter we used to draw in the frost on the inside of the windows, much to the annoyance of mother :oops: .

we never felt cold we just dressed accordingly ;)

Update!! The boiler man has been and fixed it for me :D I now have heat and hot water :D I have booked him to come back and give it a service, so a happy ending :D

I remember frost on the inside of windows too!

I'm know I'm showing my ignorance now, but how high should a pilot light be and can a plumber say the boiler should be condemned and not close it down so it continues to be in use?

Sponsored Links
About 10 mm to 15mm above the thermocouple tip and nice and blue in colour.

If it's longish (about 40 to 50 MM and yellow) then you have a blocked pilot injector or worse.

However if it's small ,blue and just touches the thermocouple tip then you have a blocked pilot injector.

BTW, you have a really old boiler and I mean really old.

Its almost as old as me, think it may be time for a new one :rolleyes:

Wating for a " How to look good Naked" central heating prog :cool:

Gok Wan 24 hr plumbing and heating.

"Don't change that old boiler.Paint the casing and it'll look cool,there's life in it yet.Thirty years?Pah! Fifty is the new twenty"

CO2 is KOOL! Comas are in!

"We can supply and install hyperbaric chambers for a fraction of the cost of a new boiler,call us today for a free no obligation quote!"

:evil:

Wating for a " How to look good Naked. Just take your clothes off and wiggle, as long as your scrubbed up your look fine to me

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back