Ideal Concord CXA40 no ignition

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, wondering if someone could shed some light! A friend of mine (RGI) asked me to have a look at this boiler, as his staff had decided to throw PCBs at it! The fault occured after a power cut. The boiler turns on, the pumps start, but no ignition sequence. It's had one Aqua(?) pcb, and two ignition pcbs, symptons still remain. After checking a few things, I decided to meter the Flame Sensor, using a Fluke set to Ohms, between the ignition PCB and Earth. The boiler then went through its ignition sequence and fired up correctly. I then found that by directly earthing the Flame Sensor, I could also get the boiler to fire up. Ideal Technical suggested an earthing issue, but I Meggered it all, no fault found. We also extracted the burners and checked/Meggered the ignitor and Flame Sensor, all OK. Any suggestions???

Sponsored Links
Not wishing to be rude -no offence intended,
What are your Qualifications that entitle you to dismantle a Gas Appliance?

Working on those parts of a boiler should be done by an RGI.

Questions about those aspects should be asked in the CC part of this web site.

Sponsored Links
Popeye, in your original post you clearly state that an "RGI Friend asked YOU to look at the boiler" - in this industry "LOOK" is taken to mean Repair,
I was mearly asking what your Qualifications were (Electrician perhaps?)

I am baffled as to why a RGI with employees would ask a "mate" with no qualifications to repair a boiler that they had be unable to do (it's only an Ideal CX after all! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back