Ideal FF360 boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was woken up one morning by a loud banging noise from the CH which was soon found to be due to the boiler over heating and creating steam. At the boiler I turned the temperature control down ( it was on 5) and the burner turned off. Worried it might come back on again I then decided to turn the whole CH off.

Hours later when everything had cooled down I turned it back on but now it was completely dead. The pump didn't run and the boiler didn't fire up. After a good deal of investigation I decided that the control board (known as PCB 25E) was the culprit and obtained a new one.

After fitting it (not so easy is it) I turned it back on but it is still completely dead. I've checked that mains is reaching the PCB and that the fuse hasn't blown. There's what appears to be a led light on the board but it's not coming on.

So does anybody know what has really happened here and how to fix it?

Sponsored Links
well now that you have wasted money on a PCB that you didnt need go back and buy a pump and replace the faulty one that you have then re-set the OH stat

Sponsored Links
I was woken up one morning by a loud banging noise from the CH which was soon found to be due to the boiler over heating and creating steam. At the boiler I turned the temperature control down ( it was on 5) and the burner turned off. Worried it might come back on again I then decided to turn the whole CH off.

Hours later when everything had cooled down I turned it back on but now it was completely dead. The pump didn't run and the boiler didn't fire up. After a good deal of investigation I decided that the control board (known as PCB 25E) was the culprit and obtained a new one.

After fitting it (not so easy is it) I turned it back on but it is still completely dead. I've checked that mains is reaching the PCB and that the fuse hasn't blown. There's what appears to be a led light on the board but it's not coming on.

Numptie

Trying hard to be positive, but what lead you to the conclusion that a PCB would be a good investment?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back