Ideal ICOS pressure gauge vibration when cold and hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have an ideal ICOS which was installed about 8 months ago. Recently the needle on the pressure gauge on the bottom of the unit has started vibrating or flicking back and forth a little bit making a sort of tickling noise even when stone cold. I have done alot of work over the last few months installing new rads, TRV's all resulting in the system being repressurised via hosepipe to mains water a few times. Other than this work I cannot think what might be at fault as the system has behaved itself all the way through. The cold pressure of the sealed system is about 1bar which goes up to approx 1.5 to 1.8 bar when hot. Can anybody tell me what might be at fault?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. I bled some air out of one rad then refilled with water and pressurised to 1.5bar cold and problem has gone so it may have been lack of water for circulation.

Sponsored Links
Take it this is on sealed system, so is ICOS system boiler?????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back