Ideal independent+ C30 opentherm module

Iqs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've recently moved house and have this boiler. It doesn't have a thermostat so decided to get the nest 3rd gen. Upon researching how to wire it I have learned about open therm and now would like to wire it this way. The only issue is I don't have the open therm module installed in my boiler (I have confirmed boiler is compatible with myboiler.com). Now I can't find the part number for the module anywhere and have phone ideal and the sales team there couldn't find it but they said they will ring me back.

I thought I would ask here if anyone has installed an open therm module to an ideal independent combi boiler and could direct me in the right place?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
@shambolic will know the correct answer, he works for Ideal, I have tagged him for you and he will get back to you, personally I didnt think you could use the nest with OT on this boiler, I thought you had to use Ideals own controls if you wanted OT but the honest answer is I dont know, shambo will though

@shambolic will know the correct answer, he works for Ideal, I have tagged him for you and he will get back to you, personally I didnt think you could use the nest with OT on this boiler, I thought you had to use Ideals own controls if you wanted OT but the honest answer is I dont know, shambo will though

Thank you. I look forward to the answer!

Sponsored Links
But is it possible to purchase an opentherm harness to enable it to be wired for that function?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back