Part Number for Ideal C30 Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, i have a C30 boiler which i am trying to install a Salus IT500 thermostat too. Currently on the low voltage side of the boiler the open therm connector is missing, so i have no way of connecting any wires to it. I have been searching for parts but with no images available, its difficult to see if its the correct one. I have also called idealspares which were sort of useless. They gave me 2 part numbers but not sure if they might be the correct ones.

The number they gave me were either 181026 or 181025. I need the 4 way connector which is like the one circled in the pic.

Thanks.
image_2024-03-20_134446351.png

Sponsored Links
try ideal 179050
this comes up as a roomstat connector? i think its different as when i tried to move the connector from room stat to the opentherm block it wouldnt fit. Its same size but he slot layouts are ever so slightly different.

Could be a different part, but maybe that’s why gas engineers work on gas appliances. Removal of your cover might need checking for safety afterwards.

Sponsored Links
This is exactly what I need and where I got the image from. But there's no part number for it.

I see :LOL::LOL: Well at least you have the correct name of the item to search for.

These people have a photo which kind of matches your photo but no part number as far as I can see.

1710959244281.png

Last edited:
There is a part on the Ideal parts site for your boiler called

Ideal Part No: 179599 HARNESS EXTERNAL OT LINK​

But the photo is terrible. Several places sell it for about £6.50.

1710969560878.png

Dhaka
There is a part on the Ideal parts site for your boiler called

Ideal Part No: 179599 HARNESS EXTERNAL OT LINK​

But the photo is terrible. Several places sell it for about £6.50.

View attachment 337343
Thank you. Arrived and fitted today. All working. Cost me £16 in the end as had to be ordered from Ideal even though some sites said it was in stock.

I have the exact same problem with a c30 boiler connecting Halo with a smart interface. I took a photo of the connector and ran it through google image search and this page came up

I tried a few suppliers but they are all out of stock. How long did it take to arrive?

Also did you need to put a link cable in the original thermostat/timer sockets?

I have the exact same problem with a c30 boiler connecting Halo with a smart interface. I took a photo of the connector and ran it through google image search and this page came up

I tried a few suppliers but they are all out of stock. How long did it take to arrive?
took just under a week to arrive. I purchased it through heating spare parts.

was at work so didnt read the full message properly. I linked the thermostat connector with the original red link. then connect the timer connector with the connector inside boiler. You can view the video on youtube from Halo which shows how its done

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: mta

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back