Hive to Ideal Logic Combi C30

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I know this sort of question is posted a lot but I can’t find what I need specifically.

My conventional boiler was replaced with an Ideal Logic Combi C30 yesterday. I asked the plumber to switch my Hive dual channel receiver to a single channel, which he kindly did for me, however since then I have not been able to use Hive to control the boiler.

I have rung Hive who have checked everything their end and say it’s all working perfectly, which leaves me wondering if the plumber has wired it up incorrectly.

Attached is a photo of his wiring. I can already tell that something’s not right because according to the manual, the only connection that shouldn’t be used is number 4, but number 3 is also unused.

If anyone can spot what needs to change, please let me know so I can fix it.

Thanks!

8FDE37D5-E587-41E7-A783-C3F634B5430F.jpeg

Sponsored Links
I asked the plumber to switch my Hive dual channel receiver to a single channel
Do you mean you now have the single channel hive fitted ? If you do you need to take the black wire from 2 and put it into 3

Do you mean you now have the single channel hive fitted ? If you do you need to take the black wire from 2 and put it into 3

Thanks for your reply. That’s correct, I’ve got a single channel now. I’ve moved the black to 3 and it seems to be working now so thank you very much! Is it ok that there’s nothing in 2 now??

Thanks for your reply. That’s correct, I’ve got a single channel now. I’ve moved the black to 3 and it seems to be working now so thank you very much! Is it ok that there’s nothing in 2 now??
yes that is it wired correctly now the single channel wires very differently from the dual channel and only 1 & 3 are used along with L & N

Sponsored Links
Hi
I am having the same trouble. If I connect in 1&3 I keep blowing the fuse in the boiler. Where do they need to be connected in my boiler please? I have been connecting them in the room stat connections. Any images would be helpful.

The two wires that you have been connecting to the room stat may be ELV ( Extra Low Voltage 12 or 24 volt ) and connecting them to mains voltage will ne harmful to the boiler.

The Heating Demand switch ( your room stat ) is a simple switch with no connection to mains. This the same as the SINGLE channel Hive unit.

In the the DUAL channel Hive unit the switches are connected to the Live mains supply
0x56.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back